PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : More Exclusives for FoH - Fires of Heaven ************* (Aradune Mithara)

Molgam Bot
26.08.2006, 02:08
<div id="post_message_548665"> Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaxmax
Unless DAoC has changed drastically since the last time I played it (ToA/NF), I'm not really sure how you can say this. There's very, very little similarity.

And just so it's said, I liked quite a bit of DAoC's PVE, even if the encounters prior to ToA were bland. I thought their positionals, reactionals, and shield skills were pretty innovative at the time. It's the only game I've played where a tank can actually feel like a tank in PVP.

Thanks -- these people are not in Beta 3 and are going off of a few negative reactions that got out during beta 2. With hundreds and hundreds more people in beta 3, where are all of the NDA breakers? Could it be that the game is getting better and more polished?

In any case, it's true that graphics don't show gameplay. Videos like the one that just came out of Germany's show, show gameplay from a third person's standpoint, but ultimately until the true skeptics play the game, they will say what they say.

I will agree DaOC had some great gameplay, as did other MMOGs of that era, and that we are building our fundation of gameplay on what has worked in the past. But comparisons more detailed than that are simply not accurate.

Just as Vanguard looks a bit like EQ 2 because we both chose to use newer tech and less stylized art than, say, WoW, doesn't make the engines the same or even close to the same tech level, especially if you know what you are looking for. The same hold true of combat -- sure, Vanguard feels like an MMOG, but it's also its own game too.

Weiterlesen... (http://www.fohguild.org/forums/showthread.php?p=548665#post548665)