PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : FoH Vanguard Temple Series #1 - Fires of Heaven ************* (Aradune Mithara)

Molgam Bot
26.08.2006, 09:19
<div id="post_message_548868"> Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantatus
There is a difference, however, between releasing an unfinished product and releasing a polished product that will continue to shift over time. To give an analogy, it's the difference between getting a PC where you can upgrade the modo, RAM, and video card when you want, and getting a PC that has no mobo, but is "promised" to be in later. Even worse is when the lying and misleading is accompanying that. I don't know Utnayan, but I suspect his issue is more with the fact that MMOGs nowadays are rushed out in such a shoddy way rather than that they're "a service."

And really, can't blame him for being skeptical and drawing attention to it when it's so common with MMOGs. We dealt with it for years with EQ, and no one wants that again. People want Vanguard to succeed, and a lot of that will depend on in what fashion it is released. Anarchy Online is the classic example of this. Horrible release, but greatly improved over time, but never attracted a large audience because of that devastating release.

I hope you can distinguish the differences between the two, otherwise I suspect that's bad news for Vanguard.

I don't think it's not that there's a lack of information, it's that it's not readily accessible. I can go to the various fansites to read the news. I can find the Dev Trackers to read all their posts. It's just not that the information is out there in an easy to obtain fashion. I mean, combat has been talked about in depth, so why is the information on vanguardsoh.com and joinvanguard.com so hard to come by?

I realize the game is still in beta, but we should really see the information being compiled. Vanguardsoh.com has some indepth info in the FAQ, and joinvanguard.com is low on details, but high on flashiness. Where's the page listing the classes? Where's the page showing off the races? Where's the page explaining combat, tradeskills, and diplomacy? I can definitely see where the new player will be turned off when they go to one of the sites and either have to dig through a verbose FAQ to find any info on one site or just get extremely sparse details with no examples on the other. (Still don't get that whole, unnesessary, confusing two site thing, by the way!)

Shouldn't, by this point, things start solidifying with the information put out in an easy to consume manner?

Yes, hopefully this is what the new site will evolve into quickly. The information *is* there but way to hard to get at.

Weiterlesen... (http://www.fohguild.org/forums/showthread.php?p=548868#post548868)