PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Interview mit Daron Stinnett auf der GDC

Gryphus
24.10.2007, 09:09
In einem Interview auf mpogd.com unterhielt sich Linda "Brasse" Carlson mit Daron Stinnet über Star Trek Online. Dabei wurden wieder einige Informationen bekannt bzw. auch wiederholt bestätigt. So wird der Vergleich zwischen Beruf und Klasse noch einmal verdeutlich aber auch benannt, dass jeder Spieler schon in einem recht frühen Stadium der Charakterentwicklung ein eigenes Schiff haben wird. Starten wird jeder mit einem kleinen Shuttle und kann sich dann immer weiter nach oben arbeiten. Die 40 Mitarbeiter bei Perpetual arbeiten indess nicht nur an den Schiffen, sondern auch am Outfit der Rassen und Berufe der spielbaren Klingonen, Menschen und den anderen Völkern.

<ul><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="85%"><tr><td width="100%"><div align="justify" style="font-size: 10px; font-family: ARIAL, VERDANA; color: #4F4F4F;">By Linda &quot;Brasse&quot; Carlson

When I last saw Star Trek Online, it was March and I was at Perpetual Entertainment&acute;s studios in San Francisco. There were a few early (and impressive) terrain builds, a handful of character sketches and a group of extremely excited designers and artists working on the project.

Fast forward to the Austin Game Developer&acute;s Conference, where I had the opportunity to sit down with Daron Stinnett, Executive Producer of Star Trek Online. Where was the project now? &quot;We are in pre-production, so we have our tools and technology in place.&quot; said Daron, &quot;We have our ground game-play prototyped, our space game-play prototyped, we have our art style set, we have the design of the world well understood and mapped out. We know where our players will be visiting and the races they&acute;ll meet along the way. In 2008 we are heading into production to produce the massive volume of assets needed to create this universe.&quot;</div></td></tr></table></ul>

Link: <a href="http://www.mpogd.com/news/?ID=3053" target=_blank>Zum komletten Interview gehts hier</a>