PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : 40. Geburtstag und zwei Interviews

Gryphus
22.09.2006, 12:53
Seit ewigkeiten gab es nichts neues mehr rund um Star Trek Online, aber diese Stille wurde nun durch den 40. Geburtstag von Star Trek gebrochen. Auf firingsquad.com und startrek-online.net gibt es nun je ein Interview mit Glen Dahlgren und einem Entwickler.

<ul><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="85%"><tr><td width="100%"><div align="justify" style="font-size: 10px; font-family: ARIAL, VERDANA; color: #4F4F4F;">FiringSquad: First, with Star Trek entering its 40th anniversary this week how does it feel to continue this science fiction franchise in a whole new way?

Glen Dahlgren: It’s incredible. I’ve been a fan from way back, and I’ve found that every era has its own character and something distinct to like about it. What’s wonderful is that, while we’re drawing on elements from all of these series, we’re effectively creating a new series—a new era twenty years beyond the most recent movie. This era will have its own look and feel, and is being constructed in collaboration with some of the best-known Star Trek designers as well as with the wholehearted blessing of CBS. This is a wonderful opportunity for us, and hopefully an exciting opportunity for fans as well. </div></td></tr></table></ul>

<ul><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="85%"><tr><td width="100%"><div align="justify" style="font-size: 10px; font-family: ARIAL, VERDANA; color: #4F4F4F;">It’s been a long time (too long) since I’ve given the community an update on how things are going for the Star Trek Online team and with today marking Trek’s 40th (happy birthday Trek!), I thought it would be a great time to do some catching up. I’d like to start off by giving everyone a sense of what to expect going forward. Star Trek Online was announced about a year before development began in earnest. And as a result, we had some catching up to do in order to reassure the fans that we were treating the license with respect and demonstrate our commitment to developing a high quality game. We’ve also really enjoyed the opportunity to share some of our design ideas with the community and get feedback. As you might imagine, our first year of development involved a lot of brainstorming on paper while the foundation for our new client engine and toolset was being built. It was a perfect time for us to bounce ideas out to the community. And the feedback we received had a very valuable effect on our decisions and thought process. </div></td></tr></table></ul>

In den Interviews geht es hauptsächlich um allgemeines, aber auch kleinere Informationen über den aktuellen Status werden bekannt gegeben.

Link: <a href="http://firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=12148" target=_blank>Interview auf firingsquad.com</a>
Link: <a href="http://www.startrek-online.net/messageboard/showthread.php?t=5556" target=_blank>Interview auf startrek-online.net</a>
Link: Kommentare dazu bei uns im Forum (http://forum.planet-sto.de/showthread.php?p=12287#post12287)