Auf der Game Developers Conference in San Jose sprachen die Betreiber von Ten Ton Hammer mit der PR Leaderin April Jones über Vanguard Saga of Heroes, aber auch ein paar Informationen über Jones wurden bei dem Interview bekannt.

A cool-sounding combat system feature in Vanguard April introduced me to: dual targetting. Adventurers have an offensive target and a defensive target; for example, a healer could patch up the tank while nuking the mob. With so many spells flying at once, I asked about performanance. Turns out the heavily modified Unreal Engine 2.5 Sigil licensed for the project is for more than just eye candy. Unreal's lower polygon usage coupled with very clever lighting effects (see our article on the GDC Unreal Engine demo for more detail) seriously cut down on framerate lag, though everything is modelled (no locked doors to nowhere or window boxes) so that the world looks real from any angle (i.e. you could concievably fly above a town and the roofs would look real - this isn't the case with other MMOs that don't offer flight above populated areas).

Lest mehr und erhaltet beispielsweise auch Informationen darüber, durch welche Kriterien die Betaauswahl aus dem Forum erfolgt, dass es nicht von der Dauer der Registrierung abhängt, sondern nur durch die Leistung des PCs.

Link: Interview auf Ten Ton Hammer
Link: Kommentare dazu im Forum