Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpsack
Excellent review - well written

Agreed -- great feedback. I don't agree with the graphics points, but that's somewhat subjective. That we could use more time I cannot argue with, and we will continue to work our asses off post launch with lots of patches, fixes, new content, improved content, etc. -- this is definitely not 'fire and forget'.

The financial reality is that while we don't have Blizzard's budget, this game is probably the second most expensive MMOG that has been put together and we've done the best we can in the time we've had, and like I said, will continue with the same vigiliance post launch. But there comes a time where the financial reality is that you have to launch. No one likes that. Heck, I remember wishing we had more time with EQ 1, and now the competition and expectations from MMOG players are that much higher. But we have to work with the cards we have been dealt and from one perspective I can only be grateful to Microsoft and SOE for financing this game to the point it has been -- very few developers are given the faith to get the kind of money and support we have recieved from both companies.

Weiterlesen...