Quote:
Originally Posted by woqqqa
Okay then, here's a rather tactful question: given that you've released what you admit is not yet a fully finished game (due to cashflow issues as you stated some time ago), how do you hope to overcome the negative publicity you've been recieving from many reviewers/players who weren't aware of the context in which this game was released? (after all, EQ2 is light-years ahead of where it was on release and it still has to deal with the stigma attached to it at launch...the same with DDO)

By working as hard as we can do address the issues quickly in an attempt to avoid such a stigma, which I think we can. And also by keeping an open dialog with the players, continuing to support community, and letting people know not just want issues are being addressed or bugs fixed, but also cool new features and enhancements they can look forward to.

I think if we stay on this we can avoid such a stigma. The game is already a blast, and it will only get better, and we have so much planned for it. It is a shame we didn't have more time to polish up and fix some things at the end, but that was beyond our control. I don't blame anyone either, as we have been very blessed to be able to build a game like Vanguard, to have a company of 100 or so people, and to work on our dreams. In any case, I think the stigma can be avoided if people see progress and a solid light at the end of the tunnel. If there's no light, or if the game is fundamentally flawed, then that stigma can be a lot harder to avoid.

Weiterlesen...